President Position Announcement
Shenango Valley Catholic School System, Inc., a private educational institution of the Diocese of Erie for students in Pre-K through 12th grade, is seeking to fill the position of president to lead and direct operations of the school system, fulfill the educational needs of students in accordance with the mission of the school, implement its philosophy and meet its objectives.
The ideal candidate is:
- Able to articulate the intellectual and moral traditions of the Catholic Faith.
- Committed to the mission of Catholic Schools.
- Focused on Faith formation and Catholic Identity.
- Focused on student achievement.
- Able to engage in positive relationships with parents, students, and the community.
- An excellent communicator exhibiting strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written abilities.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
- Valid and active Pennsylvania Administrative Certificate(Preferred not required)
- Master’s degree in education or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in education,including school administration (Catholic school administration strongly preferred), and demonstrated ability to function in this arena.
- Required clearances.
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial reporting.
- History of effective fundraising, fiscal responsibility, and public relations initiatives.
- Collaborative and social competence in managerial and supervisory tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change processes in complex situations.
- Demonstrated record of developing educational programs.
A complete job description may be viewed at www.eriercd.org/employment.html
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and other information as required by the Diocese of Erie
https://www.eriercd.org/schools/teachingforms.html by Friday, March 3,2023 to:
Laura Blake, Assistant Superintendent,429 East Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16514 (email@example.com).
The application packet should include the following fifteen items:
- A letter of interest that includes desired compensation
- Completed application form*
- Current résumé
- Official university transcripts
- Three current letters of reference
- Pastor recommendation form*
- Current Pennsylvania health report*
- Copy of all active PDE certifications
- The following clearances:
- Diocesan Statement of Intent of Compliance
- Current Act 34 PA State Police criminal record check
- Current Act 151 PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Certification
- Federal Criminal History Record Clearance
- PDE Form 6004 (Arrest Conviction Report) *
- Diocesan Mandated Reporter Compliance Document
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release*
* Application form, PA Health Form, Pastoral Recommendation Form and Act 168 Release may be found at: www.eriercd.org/schools/teachingforms.html