View messages from our president
An Update on the President Search
President Position Announcement
Shenango Valley Catholic School System, Inc., a private educational institution of the Diocese of Erie for students in Pre-K through 12th grade, is seeking to fill the position of president to lead and direct operations of the school system, fulfill the educational needs of students in accordance with the mission of the school, implement its philosophy and meet its objectives.
The ideal candidate is:
- Able to articulate the intellectual and moral traditions of the Catholic Faith.
- Committed to the mission of Catholic Schools.
- Focused on Faith formation and Catholic Identity.
- Focused on student achievement.
- Able to engage in positive relationships with parents, students, and the community.
- An excellent communicator exhibiting strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written abilities.
- A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
- Valid and active Pennsylvania Administrative Certificate(Preferred not required)
- Master’s degree in education or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in education,including school administration (Catholic school administration strongly preferred), and demonstrated ability to function in this arena.
- Required clearances.
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial reporting.
- History of effective fundraising, fiscal responsibility, and public relations initiatives.
- Collaborative and social competence in managerial and supervisory tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change processes in complex situations.
- Demonstrated record of developing educational programs.
A complete job description may be viewed at www.eriercd.org/employment.html
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and other information as required by the Diocese of Erie
https://www.eriercd.org/schools/teachingforms.html by Friday, March 3,2023 to:
Laura Blake, Assistant Superintendent,429 East Grandview Blvd., Erie, PA 16514 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application packet should include the following fifteen items:
- A letter of interest that includes desired compensation
- Completed application form*
- Current résumé
- Official university transcripts
- Three current letters of reference
- Pastor recommendation form*
- Current Pennsylvania health report*
- Copy of all active PDE certifications
- The following clearances:
- Diocesan Statement of Intent of Compliance
- Current Act 34 PA State Police criminal record check
- Current Act 151 PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Certification
- Federal Criminal History Record Clearance
- PDE Form 6004 (Arrest Conviction Report) *
- Diocesan Mandated Reporter Compliance Document
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release*
* Application form, PA Health Form, Pastoral Recommendation Form and Act 168 Release may be found at: www.eriercd.org/schools/teachingforms.html
A message from Mr. Iacino
Dear Kennedy Family
I am thrilled to announce that through the efforts and generosity of many, we have exceeded Bishop
Persico’s challenge of raising $400,000.00 by month’s end.
Additionally, I have done a complete review and reorganization of the budget for 2022-2023 and
identified a number of changes that will result in significant savings without the need to reduce any
program or activity. The School Board has approved my recommendations and they have been
supportive and heavily involved in the fund-raising activities.
The response the last couple of weeks has been quite incredible. The level of commitment and the
willingness of many to help in various ways is one of the many things I remember most fondly of my
previous years here, and happily it is still alive and strong.
Our current and past families understand the importance of the work we do. We are here to serve
those who continue to seek quality educational opportunities in a Catholic environment.
While there is work yet to do, including Bishops Persico’s challenge to raise the remaining $400,000.00
by year’s end, I am confident that whatever needs to be accomplished will be accomplished.
We will be opening on August 30th as planned.
Stay Kennedy Catholic Strong
Peter Iacino ‘69
Interim Chief Executive
Message from Melissa Joseph, President
Dear Kennedy Catholic Families and Friends,
I would like to begin by thanking you for the outpouring of support and kind words I have received since the announcement of my appointment as President of the Kennedy Catholic Family of Schools. I am honored to serve in this position and filled with pride to return to Kennedy and continue the good work of so many.
In my efforts at the Kennedy Catholic Family of Schools, I hope to strengthen a culture in our schools that focuses on each child’s spiritual, emotional, physical, and academic growth as a whole. Students at Kennedy Catholic are given the opportunity to grow each day in an environment that encourages their faith formation and places an emphasis on the importance of academics. My hope is to foster the individual strengths and desires of our students, which will allow them to development confidence in their ability to analyze, lead, and serve.
On a personal note, I am truly invested in this school system. My husband and I are proud to be alumni of Kennedy; our experiences at Kennedy and the education we received have served us well. I was afforded leadership and service opportunities here that showed me what it means “to serve Christ” (Christo Servire). Now, my husband and I are thankful we can provide our three children with a Catholic education at St. John Paul II and Kennedy Catholic. It is my sincerest aspiration to bring Kennedy forward for the benefit of many future generations of Golden Eagles.
There is no doubt in my mind that Kennedy Catholic has a strong future. We are fortunate to have so many talented and committed individuals contributing to fulfilling Kennedy’s mission. The teachers and principals have shown true dedication during this past schoolyear, and I am immensely thankful for each of them. Our enrollment and advancement efforts have been reinvigorated and we are working on strengthening our alumni outreach and connections. We are continuing our strategic planning efforts and are grateful for the time and effort of the volunteers assisting us in that process. There is hard work to be done, but no hurdle is insurmountable when we work together.
I humbly ask for your prayers and support for the entire Kennedy Catholic Family as we work through this transition. Please know that I, in turn, keep all of you in my prayers.
If I can be of assistance to you, please call me at 724-346-5531 or email me at email@example.com.
President, Kennedy Catholic Family of Schools
Testimonial from the Rosa Family
The thing that stands out to us in addition to an amazing education, is the family feeling you get from being part of this school system. Starting with the teachers and administrators, they go above and beyond to make sure each student is getting exactly what they need to succeed. Whether it is the principal putting on a band-aid or a devoted teacher staying after school and working during the summer tutoring a struggling child. They really care. We are so happy we chose the KCFS for our children.”
– The Rosa Family: Lewis, Elizabeth, Abby and Andrew
KCFS Board & Committee Members & SJPII Parents
Testimonial from Carol Shields, M.D.
– Carol L. Shields M.D., Class of 1975
Ocular Oncology Service, Co-Director Wills Eye Hospital